header


More Kusudama

April 28, 2009

I made a few more of these Kusudama paper flowers and thought it would be nice to take them to our next trade show, the National Stationery Show. We’re going “Green” with our next catalog so we disassembled a few old catalogs and made them into flowers to display around the show booth. I just photographed one for our catalog postcard which I hope conveys to our customers, “our new catalog has literally gone green, it’s turned into a flower”.

I think it looks good on the postcard, what do you think?

More Kusudama

8 Comments »

  1. I think it looks gorgeous! Much better than the flowers I tried to make last week - think I need more practice.

    Comment by Jen N. — April 28, 2009 @ 10:44 am

  2. Jen, Did you try to make these Kusudama? They’re pretty easy, once you get the hang of it. I even used double-sided tape for the one in the photo. Once you “roll” them, any flaws disappear. Good luck. Ask me questions if you have them, I can help out.

    Comment by Jason Thompson — April 28, 2009 @ 11:04 am

  3. Love the way this turned out. Such a great idea!

    Comment by Carrie Pony — April 28, 2009 @ 11:07 am

  4. Thanks Carrie! Time will tell if we embrace the new technology, or run back, tail between our legs, to our printers. Jason

    Comment by Jason Thompson — April 28, 2009 @ 11:37 am

  5. I think the postcard looks great! And it’s a great idea for using up the old catalogues.

    Comment by Aveen — April 28, 2009 @ 12:35 pm

  6. Love the origami look
    I am also going green
    all recyceld sterling in my work
    se you soon
    Love
    Olle and Pia

    Comment by olle johanson — April 29, 2009 @ 6:36 pm

  7. I agree the Kudusama flower looks great on your postcard. I love seeing all the different papers being used to make the Kusudama flowers. I was wondering what size paper do you prefer to start with? The tutorials seem to use 3″ x 3″ and smaller.

    Comment by Nancy — April 30, 2009 @ 8:04 am

  8. Nancy, the flower on the postcard was made from a catalog page which was cut to 11″ x 11″. The catalog was 8.5 x 11 when folded, I cut the pages down to 11×11 so the crease was down the middle of the page. The larger the page, the easier to fold. The 3×3 tutorials are probably using the smaller sheets because the final tutorial creates a spherical ornament, and the smaller size is more appropriate for that. But any size will work. The first ones we made, with book pages, were 4×4. Then my 7 year old made a few out of sheets that were 3×3. The first catalog sample I made was 8.5 x 8.5, and the final one was 11 x 11. As long as it’s square, you’re good!

    Comment by Jason Thompson — April 30, 2009 @ 8:34 am

RSS feed for comments on this post. | TrackBack URI
You can also bookmark this on del.icio.us or check the cosmos

Leave a comment

You must be logged in to post a comment.